Sunday, August 31, 2008

starting, again.

I started this blog in January of 2007, then changed my mind when I approached three people about it and one said no, another didn't respond and the third, Rob Payne, kindly said yes but didn't see why I needed to start a new blog to invite some folks to blog with me, so he blogged for a time with me at Hugo Zoom.

Originally I called this space "Mindbender", after an (exceptional) post by Jay Taber, even though the url at blogger was taken. Deadhorse dot blogspot dot com is also taken, so I'm using "deadhorse1995", as it references Bill Clinton's famous speech from early '95 when, concerned primarily with his own perceived relevance and poll numbers, he grandly announced that "the era of big government is over." It's by no means the only signpost of the present-day decay of the Democratic party, but it's as handy as any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home