Monday, October 20, 2008

It Just Keeps Getting Better

Now Powell the mass murderer is going to be an advisor to Obama. No doubt the liberals will swallow this whole. Who is drinking the Kool-aid now?

The invaluable Chris Floyd has the story.

Just to be clear, Barack Obama's brand-new foreign policy advisor, Colin Powell, wants you to know that he continues to support the decision to launch a war of aggression against Iraq in March 2003 -- an act that, according to principles established by the United States and its allies at Nuremberg in 1945, is a war crime punishable by death.

In fact, the only thing that Powell -- the wise and steady statesman, the "grown-up," the "moderate" -- can find to criticize in the conduct of the war he helped launch is the fact that it wasn't savage enough to begin with. We should have "surged" those sand monkeys from the git-go, he told CNN, as he aligned himself with the genocidal philosophy of noted moderate, grown-up legal philosopher Glenn "Gomer Says Hey" Reynolds, noted for his Augustinian endorsement of the "more rubble, less trouble" school of warcraft. From CNN, here are Powell's words from an exchange with reporters following his endorsement of Obama on Sunday:

“I'm well aware of the role I played [in the Iraq war]. My role has been very, very straightforward. I wanted to avoid a war. The president agreed with me. We tried to do that. We couldn't get it through the U.N. and when the president made the decision, I supported that decision. And I've never blinked from that. I've never said I didn't support a decision to go to war.”



The rest.

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 8:08 AM, Blogger Bob In Pacifica said...

Remember, Colin got his start in the army by trying to hide My Lai from the press.

Granted, this is election season but if I were Obama I'd be leery of having Powell involved in much beyond a call for his opinion now and then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home