Sunday, February 22, 2009

22 February 2009


photo:David Sutton, mptv.net

Some odds and ends:
UNT's CyberCemetery to preserve Internet sites from Bush administration. The UNT Libraries will preserve all federal government agencies' web sites that were created during the Bush administration.


Allison Kilkenny : "Obama’s War on Terror May Resemble Bush’s in Some Areas"

from Mark Kleiman's "Same Facts" blog: Jonathan Zasloff,
The Politics of Child Poverty

Admittedly this is from some three months ago, but I've been meaning to mention it.
(And it hasn't suddenly lost relevance in our post-GWB era of goodness and light.)

Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan (Thanks for Ruining America)By William Kleinknecht,AlterNet.

The Onion:"Nation's blacks creeped out by all the white people smiling at them"

from The Motley Fool:
"This bailout is great" and

"This bailout is terrible", both by Richard Gibbons.

Why this photo? The Oscars were on tonight but I didn't watch them. I generally did watch in my teens and twenties when I still thought they were relevant, but that was then. The girls are still pretty, of course, and I imagine they still do the luminaries-who-died-last year bit, so I thought that apropos of that I'd include this b&w image of Charlton Heston, who passed away in '07, seen here in his snazzy Jaguar E-type. I didn't care for most of his politics but it's hard to criticize his choice of wheels. Cross-posted at Hugo Zoom.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 2:34 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Where is the anti-war movemetn?

 
At February 23, 2009 2:57 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hi Mimi-- not sure what you are referring to. If there was a rally or protest over the weekend, I missed it. (I do know that the A.N.S.W.E.R. coalition has a march in DC planned for March 21st.) If you're referring to a post of Bob's or Rob's at their respective home bases, I can't make them cross-post 'em here.(Rob has a very good post up at Halcyon Days he posted last night, BTW. Don't know if he intends to post it here.

For my part, I was thinking that once a week, on Saturday or Sunday, I would post one of these linky posts mentioning sundry news stories and blog posts I've noticed elsewhere, as well as I regular post during the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home