Thursday, August 06, 2009

an invisible coup, pt 2

Since my post from the other day I notice that Xymphora has also posted about the presumptive coup, citing the same PressTV item, and "Xenophile" left a telling comment:

Xenophile 08/04/2009 08:47 AM
That sounds like PressTV's revenge for Western coverage/promotion of the astroturf revolution in Teheran.

Lemme see if I get it: a Saudi dissident quoted from the Arabic-language Iranian channel by the Iranian official press is the source. À consommer avec moderation
.

I also came across this: (September 2008)
from Stratfor.com,


Iranian media reported a failed coup attempt in Saudi Arabia on Sept. 3, citing an Arab publication. The details of the reports suggest, however, that they are unfounded. Tehran’s move to pick up the story is likely Iranian psyops against Saudi Arabia, designed to undermine global confidence in the stability of the world’s largest oil producer.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 06, 2009 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll never trust the Iranian media again!

 
At August 06, 2009 1:52 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Oh, U R phunnee!

All I've found saying that a coup had occurred was the previously mentioned link and another(via Google News) that was behind a pay wall, whose actual contents I don't know.

Wikipedia mentions the IR News item in Bandar's bio, but that doesn't really count as another source. Perhaps significantly, Al-Jazeera has nothing on it, at least the last time I checked.

 
At August 06, 2009 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jonathan,

Hey so I'm not a comedian. I did try a few searches on google but I only found the article you came upon. It seems strange that if it happened that there is next to no news on it.

 
At August 06, 2009 4:15 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

No, actually I did think it was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home