Democracy at work
this just in, like they used to say...
- AP sources: Dems reach deal to drop gov't-run plan (AP)
AP - After days of secret talks, Senate Democrats tentatively agreed Tuesday night to drop a full-blown government-run insurance option from sweeping health care legislation, several officials said, a concession to party moderates whose votes are critical to passage of President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.
- McChrystal backs Afghan plan to skeptical Congress (AP)
- Militants strike Baghdad govt targets, 127 dead (AP)
- Obama urges major new stimulus, jobs spending (AP)
- Gate-crashers to take the Fifth if subpoenaed (AP)
- Fierce winter storm hits Midwest with snow, wind (AP)