Sunday, October 09, 2011

9 October 2011



via Crooks and Liars, from yesterday. I think programming this is part of the reason I watch much less TV nowadays.


from a couple of weeks ago, via Dennis Perrin: Marisol Bello, USA TODAY, Poverty affects 46 million Americans



Paul Craig Roberts: Is the war on terror a hoax?
(via KFO's Buck v. Bell, where he has some additional comments. BvB was apparently named for this case from many years ago.)

Guardian UK, "Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media"

Dan Hancox,"The Real Reason Why Police Cage Peaceful Protestors" October 3, 2011

Duncan, "In my back yard"

Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak said in a recent interview that a lot of talk about "sustainability" is misconceived, because the lifestyles people want to sustain simply aren't sustainable. And some well-meaning people just don't get it: one person commented on Facebook, "When I have enough to feed myself for the month and not Overdraft...Overdraft ..I will undoubtedly suffer help I those less fortunate." It's a nice sentiment, but it misses the point. Personal, private charity can't fix the systemic structural problems the world faces.

...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home