Monday, November 03, 2008

I Traitor

It’s an appropriately gloomy and grey day here in coonskin country, otherwise known as Butte County California, which is an appropriate contrast to the bright hopes of Obama supporters who are chewing their nails over a possible Obama loss due to evil machinations by that devil incarnate John McCain on this penultimate day before our historic election. For me there is no joy in Mudville only a sick feeling in my gut as I watch the hopeful fawn-eyed Obama supporters who mean well in their desire to see the end of the open ended Global War on Terror though perhaps more importantly for the true believers a deliverance from a grim future of joblessness and accumulated bills that they may not be able to pay. Casey is up to bat again but it is strike three before the last pitch is flung.

George Bush the Younger may be leaving office soon but his policies shall live on in the guise of a young Senator from Illinois whose greatest asset is his ethnicity without which he would be seen for what he is, a lack luster con artist with a less than shining record as Senator whose qualifications for being president are less than inspiring much less the greasy little man he has chosen to be his running mate, Joe Biden of warmonger fame.

I wonder as well how long it will take the populace, if ever, to realize that the rotting and decadent platform atop which our “government” sits is well beyond the point of being able to fix itself. Though this is indeed an historic moment when our nation whose bloody and violent history toward African Americans will elect a Black Man to the Presidency Obama is in reality as white as you can get. His entire world view is that of White America and has not shirked his duty to criticize Black Americans with racial stereotyping of the worst sort. I also marvel at the ability of Obama’s supporters to repeat time and again that their modern day Moses is a liar and that is why they will vote for him. Obama doesn’t really mean what he says when he wants to increase the size of an already bloated military or that he really doesn’t want to spread the pall of death from Iraq to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran. I for one do not believe that Obama is a liar, I believe him emphatically when he makes these claims. After all, that is the only reason that corporate America has allowed Obama to come this far as he sits on the threshold of becoming the next president.

This is why I don’t believe that this election, despite its historic-ness, is important at all. In fact, I view it as one of the most unimportant elections ever as both candidates agree on just about everything giving Americans a choice between brand A and brand A. But these are really none of the reasons I have decided to not vote in this election. I choose not to vote because what Obama and McCain intend to continue with, the War on Terror, is so evil, so amoral and soul sickening that I cannot bring myself to cast a vote for either of these lackeys to unbridled power. If people wish to vote for the “perceived” lesser of two evils, whoever that may be, well that is fine and I respect that. Others will vote for third party and independent candidates and that is fine as well. We can only do what we believe is right. For myself I choose not to support either “serious” candidate by not voting at all. I know a lot of people will find that unacceptable behavior considering democracy is a religion never to be questioned but if anyone believes that this election or any other election is going to “fix” anything you are more deluded than I ever imagined.

3 Comments:

At November 04, 2008 6:48 AM, Blogger Anna Varvak said...

There are still other parties, and if, say, the Green Party gains 5% of the national vote, they will be eligible for public funding for the next campaign.

 
At November 04, 2008 9:18 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

I agree with every word in this entry and I'm heartsick because I do. This morning, I voted for Ralph Nader, as he's the only candidate to actually argue that it's immoral to murder children. Even without other wars added, we can never wash the blood from our hands.

 
At November 04, 2008 4:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Weasel Word, good point and the green party will have to think ahead as this is the year of Obamamania.

Mimi, Thanks again. You know I would really have liked to think that Obama actually stood for something but he doesn't except corporate America. Yes, the War on Terror will be a blood stain we can never get rid of. I think of it as more of a War against Children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home