Thursday, January 07, 2010

The future's so bright



photo: University of North Dakota/USAF

From discovery.com-- the University of North Dakota's Aviation Department has recently started offering a bachelor's degree in piloting unmanned aerial vehicles, often called UAV's. UAVS are also called "unmanned drones" and you hear about them in the news because they are often used to kill people in Afghanistan and other places. (via Gizmodo and Xymphora.)

from UND: 2008 press release, degree description, and course offerings.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 08, 2010 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is no doubt called State Terror 101. Sometimes I think if someone asked me if I cared what happened to the U.S. I would answer I really don't care at all.

 
At January 08, 2010 10:27 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Because my sons live in different countries in Asia, well-meaning friends often ask "don't they want to come back to the U.S.?" When I answer "no," they seemed shocked and offended. Why? I think for the same reason there's no public outcry against the UAVs or, for that matter, our other death-dealing weapons. We are the greatest country even known on the face of the earth and whatever we do, it must, by definition, be right--and so on and boringly on....

 
At January 08, 2010 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My brother lives in the Philippines and he has no plans of returning. He says I hate America and I ask him why he isn't comeing back. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home