Tuesday, February 09, 2010

When Tragedy Strikes

Dennis Perrin writes...

Link

Yes. The real tragedy of this imperial war is how it keeps the Obama administration from succeeding, which clearly is the main priority among liberal patriots. If we can stem American blood and treasure from going into Afghanistan, then President Change will be free to construct the New Tomorrow that so many Dems and libs believe is Obama's "real" purpose.


From my own conversations with the faithful I have to agree with this. In the end there is no purpose to chase the presidency other than the pursuit of power yet people love to indulge in fantasies which is no doubt preferrable to reality yet does little to alter the imperial death dive. And as my friend Jonathan Versen says Americans are just not that concerned about the death toll of our victims. Liberals want Obama to succeed because Obama represents how democrats are smarter and better than republicans (yes I know democrats and republicans should be capitalized but that infers a respect for them that I do not feel). And if liberals can only prove their inherent superiority everything will fall into place and the natural order of the universe will be restored.

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2010 3:56 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

After our conversation in comments the other day, I remembered how Obama laid a wreath down at Auchwitz, and I wondered if any president ever laid a wreath at Hiroshima or Nagasaki, or Wounded Knee.

(I don't even think visiting Auchwitz is so much about Zionist influence over US policy as much as it's about reifying the concept of "good wars.")

 
At February 09, 2010 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know I have no idea if any prez did that but somehow I doubt it. Oh yes, the good war, the whole world went insane and that was good. It's over my head. But you know I think you are correct about the good war. A lot of the perception of American goodness stems from the lie that we saved the Jews. We weren't even letting them in the country at the time I believe. But yeah, we are the good guys fighting the good wars. Popular fiction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home