Friday, March 19, 2010

Edumacation: half full?

If Dead Horse site meter stats are accurate, very few people like to click on the links, although I suppose that we could be attracting hordes of people who hover over the links, right-click and open them in another window to see if it's more fun that way, but I'm guessing that's not happening. Anyway, this post only makes sense if you follow the links. Yeah I know, bummer.

(OK, I'll make it a bit easier for you; the MSNBC, CBS News, and Ft Worth Star Telegram stories are all the same, although only the Star Telegram is nice enough to name the AP writer, Big Jim Kuhnhenn.)

MSNBC: Student aid linked to health care gets a trim
Congressional Democrats reduce spending for community colleges

New York Times:"Bill Proposes Increased Aid to the Needy for College"
By TAMAR LEWIN
(Published March 18, 2010)

CBS News: "Student Aid Linked To Health Care Gets A Trim
Lawmakers Trim Student Aid Package Now Linked To Health Care Bill"

Inside Higher Education: "Revamped Aid Bill Boosts Pell -- and Provides $2B for Community Colleges"

Fort Worth Star Telegram: "Student aid linked to health care gets a trim"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2010 9:24 AM, Blogger Ethan said...

Does it record opening links in a new window differently? That is what I usually do, that way I can have the link and the post open at the same time.

 
At March 19, 2010 11:37 AM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hi Ethan. In my experience the basic version of sitemeter only records if you click to a link directly; if you open a link in a new window or tab the meter doesn't record it.

I think most metering applications work the same way.(Besides, I was just trying to make a joke. My jokes aren't very good if I have to explain them, huh? :^)...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home