Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Aaron Jamison




the verbiage at CNN reads:

Added On April 29, 2010

An Oregon man holds onto his sense of humor even though he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. KATU reports.


I note that the public health policy dimension, the fact that this man's widow-to-be would be unlikely to face crushing debts in most industrialized countries as a consequence of her husband's health problems, goes unmentioned. Maybe the reporter realizes that in 2014 people will still have these problems, even after Obamacare is fully implemented.

cross-posted at Hugo Zoom.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 05, 2010 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this Jonathan. I've wondered before if I would really want to know when I was going to die. On one hand if you know you can prepare for it like this brave fellow but on the other I'm not sure how I would deal with the knowledge.

 
At May 06, 2010 5:45 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Guess absolutely nothing is safe from advertising--ads on a cremation urn! I just didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this one--guess a combination of both is appropriate, along with a feeling of utter disgust for all kinds of reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home