Friday, September 09, 2011

Please Watch Football this Sunday

Dear DeadHorse Denizens and Patrons,

This upcoming Sunday, September 11, is the tenth anniversary of September 11, which makes it perhaps the most solemn and hallowed day in the history of America’s calendar. It is also the first Sunday of the National Football League’s regular season.

In light of these two facts, I urge all of you to watch football on Sunday. If you cannot do that, at least turn your television to a game and do not advertize to your neighbors that you are not watching America’s Fantasy League Employees.

Why? In times like these, you can never be too careful. Just as AT&T was more than willing to help out with wireless wiretapping, I suspect the FBI will be asking Nielsen for some information on Monday. Anybody found to be engaging in suspicious activity, such as not watching the NFL, might wind up in Gitmo. You could have been plotting a terrorist attack, after all.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 09, 2011 5:18 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hey Micah,

Everybody knows it's un-American to not root for the Cowboys, or at least it was when Tom Landry was still the coach and they played in Texas Stadium, because it was wrong for them to move to Arlington.

Of course it was also wrong for then to leave the Cotton Bowl for Texas Stadium in the first place, but that's different.

 
At September 10, 2011 3:27 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Tomorrow, September 11, is my daughter's birthday and that's what I commemorate, not the official poor excuse for war hoopla.

 
At September 12, 2011 7:09 PM, Blogger Jim Wetzel said...

September 11 -- oh, the tragedy! Oh, the humanity! It's the Day Everything Changed! It's the day that all real Americans will always remember with tears and downcast visage, with the wearing of sackcloth and ashes. I refer, of course, to September 11, 2011: the day the Indianapolis Colts took the field for the season-opening game WITHOUT Peyton Manning. And got drilled, 34-7, by the Houston Moocows, fer godsake. I'm claiming my share of the national grief. I'm here to tell you, I was moderately bummed out for, I dunno, some tens of minutes, anyway.

Then I got better.

 
At September 12, 2011 11:20 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hi Jim,
You had me worried there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home