Monday, September 20, 2010

Terror Response

Pennsylvania is just next door to me here in Jersey and boy, I wonder if it's too close for comfort. Take a look at this from CommonDreams.org:

"The surprise disclosure that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, through its state Homeland Security Agency, along with a number of local police departments in the state, have been employing a private Israeli security company with strong links to Mossad and the Israeli Defense Force grows increasingly disturbing when the website of the company, called the Institute of Terrorism Research and Response, is examined."ITRR’s slick site at http://www.terrorresponse.org/ features a homepage image of an armor-clad soldier or riot policeman preparing to fire an automatic pistol, while the company boasts of being 'the preeminent Israel/American security firm, providing training, intelligence and education for clients across the globe.'"

What!?! And the article goes on to say this outfit is teaching courses at the University of Pennsylvania! Where in the hell are we headed here? What in the name of Allah is going on? This is incredible, but I can't recall seeing this on the televised news--oh, that's right, I don't watch televised news. All right, I also don't recall seeing this in the newspaper, either the Press of Atlantic City or The NYTimes. Considering that the former is about on a par with Shoppers' News, I'll check out The Times and see if there's a mention of this unholy alliance. But maybe I don't need to: There's much more in Common Dreams:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/09/19-1. Let me emphasize that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has hired a PRIVATE ISRAELI SECURITY FIRM. And its members are working with the police. And they're teaching courses at a state university. Doesn't this seem ominous? Frightening? Insane? Doesn't anybody get it? Isn't there any protest? Speak to me, will you?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 9:24 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hi Mimi,
the privatization of police functions has always alarmed me, but I wonder if to some extent it's a generational thing, insofar as younger people, say under 30, have been weaned on Reaganism and the establishment media that tells them it's the only way, and so they don't question things because they've never known anything else. I suppose I sound a bit cranky.

Anyway, I hear you, and it's a great post.

 
At September 21, 2010 12:34 PM, Blogger micah holmquist said...

It think it is notable that ITRR has ties with Siga Human BioArmor, a company that includes Andy Stern on its board of directors.

 
At September 22, 2010 2:26 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Micah, that's such depressing news about Andy Stern. I guess those "connections" are what we're constantly battling--and I'm sure there are plenty more that are hidden.

 
At September 22, 2010 2:26 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Micah, that's such depressing news about Andy Stern. I guess those "connections" are what we're constantly battling--and I'm sure there are plenty more that are hidden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home