Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Unintentionally ominous, or so one would hope

pop-up ad outliving your money

I saw this ad on Yahoo's home page yesterday. What exactly is Prudential going to do to me if I outlive my money? Should I hide? Somebody got paid money to come up with this ridiculous ad, and I'm blogging for free. It just ain't right.

And today in a peculiar thematic coincidence, I saw this link at the bottom of a story over at Slate.com:



"Identification Cards Required to Leave the State"(eHow)

(This item originally appeared in October 2010.) Maybe author Jennifer Sandberg or somebody else at eHow thought the title would encourage people to read it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 02, 2011 3:39 PM, Blogger Jim Wetzel said...

Don't think I'd seen that ad ... yup, quite a shocker. Should be the slogan on a cigarette ad, or for the Burger King Quadruple Whopper with Cheese or something.

For the money that was paid for that ad, you'd think someone could have dreamed up something a little less threatening, like "making your money last a lifetime."

 
At June 02, 2011 11:17 PM, Blogger Jonathan Versen said...

Hey Jim, good to hear from you.

Or, "Prudential: making your money last a lifetime-- just not your lifetime. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!"

No, actually I think your idea's better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home